Executive Director University Area Enrichment Association (UAEA), Columbus OH
UAEA Description: UAEA exists to bring together the diverse people and resources of the University Area in ways that directly improve the quality of life for residents of this neighborhood. We engage, educate, equip and build community leadership through the University District Freedom School, our 8-week summer literacy program for K-12 scholars, and our school year after school program. Our Freedom School program has shown demonstrated literacy gains for our scholars. We work with a great number of community partners and a wide network of supporters. Our location in the middle of the University Area, at Summit UMC, continues to help us serve the diverse community and helps foster a tremendous pipeline to young talented leaders. This year, our greatest focus is to establish the right leadership and standard operations for success both in our Freedom School and after school program.
Position Description: The UAEA seeks a paid Executive Director (ED). The position is part time (roughly 20–25 hours per week) with the possibility of becoming full time. The ED is responsible for: managing the overall operations of the organization; ensuring the organization’s endeavors align with its mission statement and are executed effectively; partnering effectively with the UAEA board, staff, contracted employees, and community partners to ensure the safety of all scholars in our programs; partnering effectively with the UAEA board, staff and contracted employees to ensure compliance with all federal grants; creating sustainable revenue streams through fundraising and working closely with the UAEA Board of Directors to do all of the above.
Skills and Experience
- Successful candidates will have:
o A demonstrated record of community empowerment and social justice; achievement and leadership; meeting deadlines and seeing tasks to completion; and project management skills
o Excellent oral and written communication
- Role requires collaboration and the ability to work closely with a team
- A significant part of the position will be ensuring the organization’s compliance with federal grants
- Successful candidates should be able to be attentive to the details, while also seeing the bigger picture about innovative ways to move the organization toward more sustainability
Salary: TBD (based on qualifications)
- Application Materials: If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Robert Caldwell, UAEA Board Member, at Robert.Caldwell@theuaea.org. The cover letter should be one page or less, and it should explain why you would like to take on this role and why you think you would do well in the role. Please include three references with your resume.
- Application Deadlines
o Resume/cover letter—send in by close of business on 11/6/15
o Interview(s) with the Board (if applicable)—11/15/15
o Desired date of hire—12/1/15
o Desired start date—12/7/15