Summit United Methodist Church, 82 East 16th., Columbus, OH 43201
The Desk Worker Coordinator for Summit UMC shall be a person who coordinates the overall operation of the welcome desk, supervises desk worker employees and volunteers, and works the welcome desk two days a week.
We are looking for a person who is outgoing, organized, flexible, reliable, and great with people. The successful applicant will help ensure a culture of welcome and hospitality at the church through their own presence and through their training of other desk workers.
Essential Qualifications: Basic Computer Skills, Comfort with using Excel. Comfort working in a reconciling congregation. Strong Verbal and Communication Skills. Must pass a background screening.
Staff: The Desk Worker Coordinator is a part-time, year-round member of the staff at Summit and shall be included in staff events.
Purpose: The primary tasks of the Desk Worker Coordinator will be:
- To work the welcome desk two nights a week
- To work with welcome desk staff and volunteers to ensure that all workers are adequately trained, and doing their job effectively
- To address any worker related issues or building safety related issues as they come up and to maintain appropriate communication with other staff at the church
- To create and maintain the schedule for desk workers to ensure that there is adequate coverage as needed.
- To work within a set budget to ensure that costs are kept under control
Supervision: The Welcome Desk Coordinator will be supervised directly by the Office Administrator, with additional support from the Lead Pastor.
Hours & Pay: The Welcome Desk Coordinator will work 10 hours a week and will receive an annual stipend of $6,200.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume (with references) to:
Deb Napier, SPRC Chair – email@example.com by February 9, 2012
The search will remain open until the position is filled.